Novak Djokovic might not have played any US Open check up occasions however the Serbian will be the top choice in New York in any case as he hopes to finish a schedule year Grand Slam that would place him in thin air.
A New York win would not just make Djokovic the principal man since Rod Laver in 1969 to win the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open around the same time yet would likewise give him an unparalleled 21st vocation Grand Slam title.
The 34-year-old Serbian has spent a lot of his profession in the shadows of tennis greats Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal however he is presently level with the acclaimed team at the first spot on the list of men’s Grand Slam champs following a shocking year.
Djokovic had looked imperious the entire season yet has not contended since the Tokyo Olympics where he pulled out of the blended duplicates bronze decoration match with a shoulder injury not long after he was disturbed in the singles competition at a similar stage.
“The degree of tennis dropped additionally because of weariness, you know, intellectually and truly,” Djokovic said in Tokyo where various competitors battled in boiling conditions.
Djokovic later refered to a “burdening venture” since the beginning of the Australian Open in February for his motivation to pick rest rather than adjusting his game at any of the warm-up occasions in front of the Aug. 30-Sept. 12 US Open.
Fortunately for Djokovic, his game is appropriate to the New York hardcourts, his favored surface, given he is one of the top returners, has power from the standard and physicality that permits him to pursue down balls most different players can’t reach.
Since winning a third US Open in 2018, Djokovic has just figured out how to arrive at the fourth round, most eminently in 2020 when the competition most loved smacked a ball in dissatisfaction that struck a female line judge which prompted him being defaulted from the match.
In any case, with such a lot of riding on the current year’s US Open, a refreshed Djokovic, who has won at eight of the last 12 Grand Slam competitions, will be laser-centered around the job needing to be done.
Five players have accomplished a schedule year Grand Slam. Laver (1962, 1969) and Don Budge (1938) are the solitary men to achieve the accomplishment while no one has done it since Steffi Graf turned into the third lady to accomplish the accomplishment in 1988.
Novak Djokovic, often regarded as one of the greatest tennis players of all time, boasts an impressive array of statistics and details in his career up to my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021.
- Full Name: Novak Djokovic
- Date of Birth: May 22, 1987
- Nationality: Serbian
- Turned Professional: 2003
- Playing Style: Right-handed (Two-handed backhand)
- Current ATP Ranking (as of September 2021): World No. 1
- Career ATP Titles (as of September 2021): Over 80 titles
- Grand Slam Titles (as of September 2021): 20 (6 Australian Open, 1 French Open, 9 Wimbledon, 4 US Open)
- Career Prize Money (as of September 2021): Over $150 million USD
- Weeks as World No. 1 (as of September 2021): Record-breaking, more than 340 weeks
- Djokovic is known for his incredible consistency and has held the World No. 1 ranking for extended periods.
- He is part of the exclusive “Big Three” in men’s tennis alongside Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
- Djokovic has an incredible head-to-head record against many of his top rivals, often referred to as the “Djokovic dominance.”
- Djokovic is renowned for his exceptional defensive skills, agility, and an uncanny ability to retrieve seemingly impossible shots.
- He is also known for his mental toughness and ability to perform under pressure, often making comebacks in critical matches.
- Djokovic has engaged in historic rivalries with fellow tennis legends Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, creating some of the most memorable matches in tennis history.
- Matches between these three have been dubbed the “Big Three” battles.
If you want to read more content regarding this news and you are interested in these types of Sports news, Comment down for more updates or you can check our site Routinebuzz for daily updates. Thank you so much!
Have a nice Day!